Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shrinkage

So last week I found the threshold for number of bags of ice I can tolerate. 16-20 lbs seems to be the limit. I decided to see what would happen if I threw in an extra bag, and the results where no good. Within the first 5 min my toes where stinging, my legs felt like little needles were being shoved in my thighs and well my man parts felt like they were going to fall off! I pushed thru and lasted the 20 min, and when I got out it looked like I had a sun burn all over, and that was not the worst part. (TMI warning: in case my mother-in-law reads this.) My testicles were no where to be found. Best guess is they were in my chest( they came back down thank god)!

Saturday was my cheat day and was not the best for a all out feast for everything I was craving. I got terrible doughnuts( Dunkin sucks), I had to eat wedding food, which is never that great and was to bust C-walking to even eat any cake. The positives were I got wings and grilled cheese from Hooters ( they need an upgrade on the talent for sure) and got some McD's burger, fries and sundae. But over all I wished I had waited till Sunday. I did have a few drinks at the Wedding, Jack and ginger to be exact not the greatest when trying to drop some body fat.

Sunday was another ice bath and may have been the worst after effects of the experiment. I stayed in a bit longer then the 20 min time limit, and didn't think it was that bad. Then once out of the tub and I got dressed the extreme shivering started. I could do nothing to get warm, so much so I had my pregnant wife lay on top(fully dressed) to help me out. That didn't work very well, plus she keep telling me how stupid I was for doing this. I have pretty much figured out that the longer I stay with no clothes on the better it is. The clothes seal in the cold radiating off my skin and make the post bath shivers worse.

Tuesday nights ice bath was not very cold at all. I typically do 10 min waist deep then 5 min with the torso, and 5 min with as much of my body as possible. Well last night I did about 10 min waist deep and 20 with my whole body submerged. I am not sure what made this bath so tolerable for 30 min, because I had the same amount of ice in the tub of every other time. I still did have some shivering after the bath though.

The Number:
Weight: 203 ( -5 1/2 lbs), I was 220 on Saturday morning
Belly Button: - 1/4 in (- 1in)

Workout
Monday
Incline- 250 10 sets x 3 reps
reverse fly- 20 10x8

Seated military- 70lbs 3x8
ext rotation off knee- 20lbs 3x8

Tuesday -off

Wednesday
Squats- 305 10x3

No comments:

Post a Comment