Monday, January 24, 2011

Cheat day and Monday result

So over the weekend it was my cheat day. I have stated how much I look forward to these days. So much so that I actually wake up early to get my workout and first meal out of the way. So I got up Saturday morning did my back and bicep workout and went and bought some supplies at the Dutch Market. This place is a cheaters heaven. Pies, cakes, candy, cookies, breads and pretzels. It is amazing to walk in this place and have free reign to eat what ever you want. So I bought some pancake mix, maple syrup and a brownie bar. I went home took a protein shake and my pills then started cooking. So here is what my day looked like:

8- workout
930- protein shake
1030- pancake and eggs
130-330- Basketball
330- Double cheese burger and large fries
430- brownie bar
730- pizza
900- chik-fil-a chocolate milkshake
930- Watched "The Fighter" while eating junior mints and twizzlers

The only thing that sucked was our waiter forgot to put my order of mozzarella sticks and calamari in, Whit had to convince me not to beat him up, so I calmed down and got over the calamari I was dreaming about since Thursday.


The Results
I was a little disappointed last week because I didn't drop any weight. On Saturday morning I weighed the same as I did last Saturday, but I know there is more to this process then the numbers on the scale. Plus Monday's are the official weigh/measurement day. So this morning I woke up and got on the scale and took out the tape measure:

January 24, 2011
Weight- 222.5 (-6lbs)
Belly button- 38 ½(-1 1/4 in)
Hips- 38 (-1/2 in)
Chest- 46(+1 1/4)
Arm- 17(same)
Quad- 26(+1 in)
Neck- 16 ¼(+1/4 in)

I was a bit upset when I stepped on the scale but once I did the measurements I was very happy. The lost inches in the belly button and hips represent lost body fat, but the best news was that my chest and quads got bigger. These measurements mean that while I have lost some fat I have also gained some decent muscle at the same time. This should be the goal anyone strives for. Lose fat and gain some muscle! I am pretty excited about the results so far but this week I am going to change some things up to see if I can speed the fat loss process up a bit.
The last week and a half I got a bit lazy and didn't take the showers or do the ice packs at night, I just did 3 ice baths( although all of them lasted 5-10 min longer then original plan). So this week I am going to do the cold showers in the morning(sucks!) and the ice packs at night on the nights I don't take the ice baths. I am also adding back in the ice water before breakfast. I only have 3 more weeks for this experiment. 

Some people have asked me my goal is and truthfully I don't have an exact goal in mind. I say get to 210 or 10% body fat. But there are a couple of problems with those goals 1) I may not get to 210 if I keep adding muscle like I am (I am fine with that) 2) I never took my body fat since I didn't really have anyone that could. I would estimate that my bf was at 17% and is now about 13% but those are rough estimates. So I guess the real goal is to see if I could see all rows of my abs in this 6 week experiment ( i can see about 1 1/2 rows now if I squint and the light is right-jk). So the only thing I would really love to see is my belly button measurement get down to 37 inches. That may be a tall order but it would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment