Thursday, January 13, 2011

Like a fat kid loves cake

So this is the second Thursday of my ice bath/ fat loss experiment. An experiment that I have set for 6 weeks and, then i will look at the data and decide whether to proceed further. But it is always on thursday that I start longing for the weekend, and not because I work a crazy 50hr + work week, because I don't. I long for that Saturday cheat day. I so look forward to this day that I actually have food dreams starting on Thursday morning and then they haunt me till Saturday, then I am ready for another 4 or five days without junk. Now some may think this is an unhealthy way to go about dieting, and maybe. But I think you have to know yourself and I know that if i say "you can have a few cheat meals during the week", those cheat meals will turn into cheat days, then into cheat weeks and then finally back to a chubby 235. Even if I workout everyday the bad food catches up to me. So I know myself well enough to know that if I give myself a light at the end of the tunnel, I can push through six days a week to get to that beautiful Saturday and and eat myself into a comma.

The thing I have started doing to get me prepared for this glorious day is I started keeping a journal of things I want to eat on this day. This Saturday is going to be tough because I have a wedding to go to so the food choices will not be all up to me. But there are a few things I will do to prepare for this day. I will be making some brownies I have been craving after walking past them in the aisle with a shopping cart full of salad and meat. The other I have going for me is there is like a 2 hr gap between wedding and reception, and I believe there is a few delicious restaurants right next to the reception site. One of which is Hooters, so wings and grilled cheese may be consumed before the wedding dinner. Also you know there will be CAKE, and I love cake. I just hope it is good ( chocolate or yellow with a butter cream frosting), I don't like when people try to get fancy with there wedding cake and add fruit. Then I may end the night of drinks and dancing with a stop at the drive thru of a local McDonalds.  


And oh by the way lost another lb for a total -7.5 lbs in less then 2 weeks. Although official results don't get calculated till Monday.

Workout update: Last post was a week behind
Monday
Incline bench - 10x4 @240

Tuesday
Squat- 10x 4 @ 295

Wednesday off

Thursday
Standing milt press- 10x4 @ 160

No comments:

Post a Comment