Well this post is coming straight from the second ice bath of the week, so pardon any spelling or gramatical mistakes as my body temp is dropping rapidly. I actually enjoy the feeling of the baths and could fall asleep in here. Some people have asked if I am crazy or is it safe. Yes to both questions. But the baths serve 2 purposes really. 1)Fat loss (hopefully) 2) Recovery - ice baths have long been used to repair sore muscles and help heal tendons. Pro sports teams use these baths all the time, so no one worry about the safety.
The Diet:
Pretty simple low carb 6 days a week then Saturday is a free for all (sort of). I have done this type of diet before but this time on Saturday(my cheat day) has some weird rules: 1) The first meal has to be a low carb meal with at least 30 grams of protein. 2) before each cheat meal I must engage in 90 to 120 seconds of muscle contraction 3) before at least the first cheat meal I will drink a glass of water with lemon and take a fiber supplement.
Besides that it can be an all out junk food fest. For example this past Saturday consisted of : A protein shake and some cashews( i then worked out for about 30 min of weights) had another shake, then 4 doughnuts, and 2 glasses of chocolate milk, I played basketball then a Chipotle burrito and chips, then lasagna, bread and butter, 2 pieces of birthday cake and ice cream, and ended the night with a double cheese burger from McDonalds. And the total weight gain on Monday- 0lbs.
Now I did play basketball and lifted weights, but in my experience with low carb diets I usually gain at least a lb or 2 after carbs are re-introduced even for just a few meals.
The Workout: Week 1
Monday:
incline bench press 10x5 at 225lbs
bent over raises 10x 8-10 at 20lbs
seated military dumbbell 3 sets 8-10 65-70lbs
ext rotation off knee 3sets 8-10 reps 20lbs
Tuesday
Squats 10set x 5 reps at 280
(if I feel like it I will do these)
leg curls
leg extension
Wednesday- off
Thursday
Standing barbell shoulder press 10sets x 5 @150lb
Shrugs 10 x 8 @225
Incline dumbbell press 3 sets x 6-8 reps
Friday
Barbell deadlifts 10 x 5 @ 405lbs
Saturday
Thib lat pull down 4 sets x 6-8
superset of
Lat pulldown and straight arm pull downs 3 sets x 8-10
then some bicep curls 3 or 4 sets
Sunday off
THE END
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment