So after about 5 weeks I am adding on to this experiment. I have been happy with the results so far but some of my workouts have suffered later in the week. The really low carbs have helped me lose 10 lbs, and probably gained about 3-5 lbs of muscle. I think this is pretty good, but I want more faster! So I am going to add a form of Intermittent Fasting(IF).
IF has been around for years. Basically some will argue that as our ancient ancestors roamed the earth, they didn't always have food to eat. It could have been because they didn't feel like hunting that day, or the Mammoth just got the best of them that day, either way they had to use everything fast or it would go bad ( not much refrigeration). So all this comes back to the fact that current man eats to much or could use a break once in a while from all the eating. So while I won't stop eating completely, I am going t take a break once a week. I am going to use a specially designed fast absorbing protein drink the day of the fast. I am also going to continue doing the ice baths, and cold showers.
As for my workout, I have one more week of my old program then I will be switching it up a bit. I have been getting a lot stronger so I am going to keep the workout principles close to the same. The only cardio session will be my basketball Saturdays. I can't do anything cardio without a ball involved right now. As the summer gets closer and I have to wear less clothes, then I may be adding in some form of cardio, but I will see how this works first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm starting over again tomorrow too! You don't want to have a blog war do ya?! Let's post pics, weigh ins, bodyfat, the whole shabang. I'll get Bacs to do mine tonight. You down?????
ReplyDelete