So it has been awhile since I have posted anything, and it has also been a while since I have stuck to my diet...and it shows! I had spring break last week and decided to try some new thing I haven't had time for in the past. Everyday I did 2 a days and lifted chest/shoulders 3 days and 2 days for legs. I have never done such frequent training for each of those bodyparts. But I found that not only could I handle the amount of work I set personal records.
I did 465lbs in a box squat which is almost 100 lb improvement in 4 or 5 weeks.
But while PR's are great I am getting a bit of my fat back. So today I started back on the path to weight loss.
The thing I hate about weight loss workouts is the feeling of getting my ass kicked. I like to lift heavy weights and rest, then repeat. But I found a solution. I use big weight, low reps and compromise with little rest between sets.
So her was the workout I did today:
A1 push press-175 20 reps total
A2 pull ups- body weight 20 reps
A3 squats- 265 20 reps
A4 incline DB press- 90 25 reps
Then a dynamic interrupt: Burpees for 60secs
mountain climbers for 60 sec
rest 2 min then on to the next circuit
B1 rack deadlifts 315 20 reps
B2 1 arm rows 110 db's 25 reps
B3 bulgarian split squat 50lbs 25 reps
B4 clean high pulls 135 25 reps
Now the reps are total for that exercise. So I would do 3-5 reps and how ever many sets until I completed the prescribed number of reps. This workout was tough!!! I am only going to do this once a week for now then maybe kick it up to 2 or 3 different types of fat loss strength circuits until Memorial Day.
Tomorrow I will be doing heavy chest/rear delts/ rhomboids and shoulders. This will be way more fun and more my style of training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment